M, #744, b. 10 September 1875, d. 14 September 1944
|Father||Johannes Nuijen2 b. 27 Jun 1846, d. 14 Aug 1903|
|Mother||Hendriktje Fledderman2 b. 4 Jul 1850, d. a 30 Oct 1877|
|Family Background||Smit and Nuijen Ancestry and Allied Families|
|Charts||Descendants of Evert Gerrits Nuijen|
Descendants of Stephan Koekewits
KEY EVENTS:William Nuyen was born on Friday, 10 September 1875 in Muntendam, Groningen, the Netherlands.1,3,2 William died at age 69 on Thursday, 14 September 1944 at Borgess Hospital in Kalamazoo, Kalamazoo County, Michigan.3
NARRATIVE:William Nuyen was also known as Wilhelmus Nuijen.2 William Nuyen was also known as Willem.4 William Nuyen was also known as Willem Nuijen.5 He witnessed the birth of Johan Nuyen on 8 April 1906 in Sappemeer, Groningen, the Netherlands.6,7
On 22 January 1920 William was enumerated as the head of the household in Kalamazoo Township, Kalamazoo County, Michigan, in the federal census of 1 January 1920. Cornelia Nuyen, Peter Nuyen and Doekli DeBoer also lived there at the time of the enumeration.1 In 1944 William was last known to have resided at 3460 Celery St. in Comstock, Kalamazoo County, Michigan.3
|Last Edited||24 Aug 2008|
- [S546] William Nuyen household, 1920 U.S. census, Kalamazoo County, Michigan, population schedule, Kalamazoo Township, SD 147, ED 184, sheet 5B, dwelling 89, family 89, National Archives and Records Administration micropublication T625, roll 776.
- [S1412] Johannes Nuijen household, 1870-1890 Netherlands census, Zuidbroek, Groningen population register, volume N-Z, page 585; microfilm 0550417, Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- [S339] William Nuyen, Comstock, Dies, Kalamazoo Gazette, Kalamazoo, Michigan, 14 September 1944, page 9, column 4. Hereinafter cited as K'zoo Gazette.
- [S117] Willem Nuyen family entry; Nieuw Amsterdam ship passenger list, departed Rotterdam circa 13 March 1914, arrived New York 25 March 1914, group 26, lines 19-23, Series T715, Roll 2280, List 26, Lines 19-23; in Series T715 (Washington, DC: National Archives and Records Administration), roll 2280.
- [S737] Johannes Swier Nuijen entry, Zuidbroek Birth Registrations (1893-1912), volume 1909: 1, microfilm no. 1300719, Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- [S1119] Unknown subject, no. ?, Social Security Death Index, Family Search (Salt Lake City: Family History Library). The SSDI component of Family Search is drawn from the Social Security Death Benefits Index of the U.S. Social Security Administration. Hereinafter cited as SSDI.
- [S696] Johan Nuijen entry, Sappemeer Birth Registrations (1897-1912), volume 1906: 51, microfilm no. 1300580, Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.