M, #722, b. about August 1850, d. 5 June 1913
|Father||Asa S. Wiswell3 b. a 1809, d. 24 Sep 1870|
|Mother||Asenath Stanclift1,3 b. 15 May 1813, d. 18 Oct 1884|
|Family Background||Wiswell - Norman Ancestry and Allied Families|
|Charts||Descendants of John Wiswall|
KEY EVENTS:Asa V. Wiswell was born about August 1850 probably in McKean Township, Erie County, Pennsylvania, Listed as 3/12 years old in 1850 PA census, which was documented as having been taken in McKean Twp. on 5 November 1850.1,2 Asa died on Thursday, 5 June 1913 in Comstock, Kalamazoo County, Michigan.3
NARRATIVE:Asa V. Wiswell was also known as Vedela Wiswell. On 5 November 1850 Asa appeared on the 1850 federal census in the household of his father, Asa S. Wiswell, in McKean, Erie County, Pennsylvania.2 Asa may have been born about 1851 in Pennsylvania.4 He may have been married once.3 On 3 August 1870 Asa appeared on the 1870 federal census in the household of his father, Asa S. Wiswell, in Prairieville, Barry County, Michigan.4 When an accounting of heirs in Asa S. Wiswell's estate was taken on 2 November 1870 in Barry County, Michigan, Asa V. Wiswell was listed as one of the heirs. He was considered a minor child at the time and said to reside in Augusta, Kalamazoo County. It was he who had initially petitioned the Court on his mother's behalf in the matter of his father's estate.5 On 25 June 1880 Asa appeared on the 1880 federal census in the household of his brother, William Louis Wiswell, in Prairieville.1 Asa may have died on Thursday, 5 June 1913 at the county poor farm.6 The cause of his death was interstitial nephritis (inflammation of the kidney.)3
|Last Edited||19 Dec 2003|
- [S430] William Wiswell household, 1880 U.S. census, Barry County, Michigan, population schedule, Prairieville Township, SD 2, ED 47, page 23, dwelling 225, family 232, National Archives and Records Administration micropublication T9, roll 571.
- [S449] Asa Wiswell household, 1850 U.S. census, Erie County, Pennsylvania, population schedule, McKean Township, dwelling 124, family 128, National Archives and Records Administration micropublication M432, roll 778.
- [S847] A. V. Wiswell entry, Kalamazoo County Death Registrations, Liber 4: 173, no. 14852, Kalamazoo County Clerk's Office, Kalamazoo, Michigan. Hereinafter cited as Kalamazoo County Deaths.
- [S438] A. L. Wiswell household, 1870 U.S. census, Barry County, Michigan, population schedule, Prairieville Township, page 30, dwelling 215, family 219, National Archives and Records Administration micropublication M593, roll 661.
- [S186] Asa Wiswell, Barry County estate file 296 (calendar 1), microfilm 7, Barry County Probate Court, Hastings, Barry County, Michigan. Hereinafter cited as Barry County estate file.
- [S48] Interview with Robert Cunningham (Kalamazoo, Michigan), by Compiler. Notes in possession of author (Seattle, Washington).