F, #674, b. 22 March 1863, d. 14 April 1934
|Father||Leendert Noorman b. 18 Jul 1827, d. 23 Oct 1874|
|Mother||Margaret Stagg b. a 1828, d. 15 Sep 1901|
On 15 June 1880 Clara appeared on the 1880 federal census in the household of her brother, Aaron Norman
, in Cooper, Kalamazoo County, Michigan
On 8 June 1900 Clara appeared on the 1900 federal census in the household of her husband, Brinton Grable
, in Gun Plain Township, Allegan County, Michigan
According to this census, the family owned their home on a mortgage.3
At the time of the census Clara worked as a hotel cook.3
On 18 April 1910 Clara appeared on the 1910 federal census in the household of her husband, Brinton Grable
, at 304 South Union in Battle Creek, Calhoun County, Michigan
Clara lived in Athens, Calhoun County, Michigan
, in 1933.5
- [S432] Aaron Norman household, 1880 U.S. census, Kalamazoo County, Michigan, population schedule, Cooper Township, SD 1, ED 130, page 21, dwelling 211, family 237, National Archives and Records Administration micropublication T9, roll 586.
- [S1737] Clara M. Groble entry, 14 April 1934; Michigan Death Certificates, 1921-1952, index, FamilySearch (https://www.familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/KFH3-ZPQ: 1 June 2014; citing image 02130, Athens, Calhoun, Michigan, Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah; FHL microfilm 1973199.
- [S1188] Brinton Grable household, 1900 U.S. census, Allegan County, Michigan, population schedule, Gun Plain Township, SD 4, ED 10, sheet 2B, dwelling 43, family 43, National Archives and Records Administration micropublication T623, roll 698.
- [S1295] Brinton M. Grable household, 1910 U.S. census, Calhoun County, Michigan, population schedule, city of Battle Creek, 5th ward, SD 3, ED 49, sheet 2B, dwelling 44, family 46, National Archives and Records Administration micropublication T624, roll 640.
- [S245] Leonard Norman obituary, Kalamazoo Gazette, Kalamazoo, Michigan, 16 March 1933, page 13, column 2. Hereinafter cited as K'zoo Gazette.