F, #3372, b. 12 December 1859
|Father||Jacob Huffman2 d. b 1905|
|Mother||Maggie Fulser2 d. b 1905|
|Thomas Cunningham b. about 1859, d. 11 February 1897|
|Fred W. Conrad b. 27 November 1859|
|Family Background||Wiswell - Norman Ancestry and Allied Families|
KEY EVENTS:Margaret was born on Monday, 12 December 1859 in Harrison, Hamilton County, Ohio.2 Margaret and Thomas Cunningham were married on Tuesday, 4 March 1879 in Dearborn County, Indiana.1
NARRATIVE:Margaret Huffman was also known as Margaret Hoffman.3 Margaret may have been born in December 1858 in Ohio.4 At least one census enumeration records that her parents were born in France.4 At least one census enumeration records that her parents were born in Germany.5 On 1 June 1880 Margaret appeared on the 1880 federal census in the household of her husband, Thomas Cunningham, in Harrison Township, Hamilton County, Ohio.5
Her husband, Thomas Cunningham, died on 11 February 1897 in Shelbyville, Shelby County, Indiana.6 The census also tells us that at the time of the census Margaret had had 7 children, 6 of whom were still living.4 According to this census, the family rented their home.4
On 2 June 1900 Margaret was enumerated as the head of the household at 237 E. Jackson St. in Shelbyville, Shelby County, Indiana, in the federal census of 1 June 1900. Thomas Cunningham, Joseph Cunningham, Mary Cunningham and Harry Cunningham also lived there at the time of the enumeration.4 At the time of her marriage in 1905, Margaret was employed as a house laborer in Shelbyville.2 On 22 April 1910 Margaret appeared on the 1910 federal census in the household of her husband, Fred W. Conrad, at 219 East Washington Street in Shelbyville, Shelby County, Indiana.7
|Last Edited||3 Aug 2014|
- [S1747] Indiana Marriages, 1811-1959, index and images, FamilySearch (https://www.familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XXYC-XYX: 27 July 2014, Joseph Cunningham and Blanche Heyrand entry, 4 March 1879 ; citing page 466, Dearborn, Indiana; FHL microfilm 1313302.
- [S1763] Indiana Marriages, 1811-1959, index and images, FamilySearch (https://www.familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/KF8M-6XJ: 27 July 2014, Fred W. Conrad and Maggie Cunningham entry, 9 May 1905 ; citing volume 18, page 3, Shelby, Indiana; FHL microfilm 1401805.
- [S1746] Michigan Marriages, 1868-1925, index and images, FamilySearch (https://www.familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/N3GY-MX8: 27 July 2014, Joseph Cunningham and Blanche Heyrand entry, 1 May 1915 ; citing volume 1, page 279, record 189, Battle Creek, Calhoun, Michigan, Michigan Department of Vital Records, Lansing, Michigan; FHL microfilm 2342709.
- [S1762] Margaret Cunningham household, 1900 U.S. census, Shelby County, Indiana, population schedule, city of Shelbyville, 5th ward, SD 6, ED 106, sheet 2A, dwelling 32, family 32, National Archives and Records Administration micropublication T623, roll 402.
- [S1784] Thos. Cunningham household, 1880 U.S. census, Hamilton County, Ohio, population schedule, Harrison Township, SD 3, ED 93, page 33, dwelling 298, family 328, National Archives and Records Administration micropublication T9, roll 1022.
- [S1764] Thomas Cunningham entry, 11 February 1897; Indiana, Death Index, 1882-1920, index, FamilySearch (https://www.familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/VZ7H-654: 27 July 2014; citing "Indiana Deaths, 1882-1920," Ancestry. com; Shelbyville, Indiana, City Health Office, from Indiana WPA book CH-1, page 220.
- [S1785] Fred Conrad household, 1910 U.S. census, Shelby County, Indiana, population schedule, city of Shelbyville, 5th ward, SD 6, ED 133, sheet 13B, dwelling 342, family 356, National Archives and Records Administration micropublication T624, roll 379.